Conversations with AOTA’s President, Alyson Stover, on Advocacy, Leadership, and Membership
Clarice Grote, MS, OTR/L
Curious about what the AOTA President has to say about advocacy, leadership, and the role of occupational therapy? In this episode, we talk about getting comfortable with consequences and how even though occupational therapy practitioners strive to always put the patient first, we may end up undervaluing ourselves as a result.
Alyson Stover, AOTA’s President, and I could have talked for hours! I’m so glad to bring you this conversation that I think puts an important perspective on where we stand as a profession and how we can move forward.
So, this week on The Amplify OT Podcast, I am joined by my guest Alyson Stover, AOTA’s President, as we talk about Alyson’s thoughts on advocacy, leadership, and the OT profession.
Join the Amplify OT Membership
As an exclusive bonus for podcast listeners, you can join the Amplify OT Membership at any time! Join today to take control of your career! It’s time to become your own best resource on Medicare and advocacy.
In this episode we discuss:
- AOTA’s role in Alyson’s experience throughout her career influenced to her desire to give back to the organization and profession as a whole.
- The role of AOTA’s Board of Directors and President
- Whether or not AOTA should be member-driven or profession responsive
- Common misconceptions about the role and structures within AOTA.
- How you can go beyond your membership and be an advocate for the profession (& ways you may already be advocating without realizing it.)
- The importance of protecting and promoting the value of the profession at every opportunity.
- How occupational therapy practitioners may be undervaluing their skills to payers and the public.
- Finding the balance of providing access with a service heart and remaining profitable.
Thanks for listening! If you found this episode helpful, don’t forget to follow, rate and review the show. To learn more about Amplify OT head to https://amplifyot.com/
Need CEUs? Save 40% off on your Medbridge subscription by using code “AmplifyOT” at checkout or by visiting https://www.medbridgeeducation.com/amplify-ot. Medbridge has great CEUs on the OASIS and Medicare Reimbursement.
Looking for more policy info? Check out the Amplify OT Academcy at https://amplifyot.com/occupational-therapy-continuing-education/
Free OT Reimbursement Podcast Playlist
What to keep learning about insurance and reimbursement without wasting time? Head HERE to get your free OT Reimbursement Playlist and Guide!
Looking for more policy info? Check out our articles at www.amplifyot.com/articles
CONNECT WITH AMPLIFY OT:
LINKS MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
© Amplify OT and Clarice Grote
Mentioned in this episode:
Join the Amplify OT Membership
As a exclusive bonus for podcast listeners, you can join the Amplify OT Membership at any time! Join today to take control of your career! It’s time to become your own best resource on Medicare and advocacy.
Medbridge Ad Link
Need CEUs? Save 40% off on your Medbridge subscription by using code “AmplifyOT” at checkout. Medbridge has great CEUs on Medicare, Reimbursement, and leadership! By using our affiliate code "AmplifyOT" at checkout you support this podcast and our continued work. Thanks for supporting Amplify OT! https://www.medbridgeeducation.com/amplify-ot