Occupational Therapy Skilled Services
Clarice Grote, MS, OTR/L
I’m sure every OT or OTA has documented that a patient would benefit from skilled occupational therapy services or skilled occupational therapy intervention but how many actually know what it means to provide a skilled service? That’s why this week on The Amplify OT Podcast, I am talking about what it means to provide skilled occupational therapy services.
This episodes article and more resources: https://amplifyot.com/what-is-skilled-occupational-therapy/
Join the Amplify OT Membership
As an exclusive bonus for podcast listeners, you can join the Amplify OT Membership at any time! Join today to take control of your career! It’s time to become your own best resource on Medicare and advocacy.
In this episode I cover:
- The definition of skilled services as stated in the Medicare Benefit Policy manual.
- Understanding why what you do cannot be done by anyone else so you can articulate and justify the value you’re being paid for.
- How Medicare says we should be documenting our skills.
- Concrete questions to ask yourself to help you determine whether or not you’re providing a skilled service
What to keep learning about insurance and reimbursement without wasting time? Head HERE to get your free OT Reimbursement Playlist and Guide!
Looking for more policy info? Check out our articles at www.amplifyot.com/articles
CONNECT WITH AMPLIFY OT:
- Medicare Chapter 15 Benefit Policy Manual - Guidance Manual for Medicare Part B.
LINKS MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Chapter 15 - Medicare Benefit Policy Manual
- Article: What is Skilled Occupational Therapy
- Geriatric Therapy Summit (open through the end of March 2023) - affiliate link
© Amplify OT and Clarice Grote
Mentioned in this episode:
Medbridge Ad Link
Need CEUs? Save 40% off on your Medbridge subscription by using code “AmplifyOT” at checkout. Medbridge has great CEUs on Medicare, Reimbursement, and leadership! By using our affiliate code "AmplifyOT" at checkout you support this podcast and our continued work. Thanks for supporting Amplify OT! https://www.medbridgeeducation.com/amplify-ot