2023 Mid-Year OT Advocacy Updates You Can Take Action On TODAY
We are officially mid-way through the year and some exciting things are finally being introduced to Congress. This means we have the opportunity to step up and be an advocate for change within the Occupational Therapy profession. That’s why this week on The Amplify OT Podcast, I am talking about the advocacy updates you can take action on today!
Join the Amplify OT Membership
As an exclusive bonus for podcast listeners, you can join the Amplify OT Membership at any time! Join today to take control of your career! It’s time to become your own best resource on Medicare and advocacy.
In this episode, I cover:
- AOTA will soon introduce Home Health Accessibility Act which if passed would make OT a qualifying discipline in home health.
- The Occupational Therapy Mental Health Parity Act has officially been re-introduced into Congress.
- The Expanded Telehealth Access Act has been re-introduced to Congress listing OT practitioners as being eligible to provide Telehealth under Medicare Part B.
- The SHARE Act creates a technical fix allowing information to be shared between states and the FBI which is important for the licensure compact.
- Updates on the Allied Health Workforce Diversity Program asking for funding.
- HR 1114 (The Long-Covid RECOVERY NOW Act) providing funding to support treatments for patients experiencing the effects of long covid.
- Breaking down AOTA, APTA, and ASHA’s letter calling out problems on several principals and providing potential solutions moving forward for Medicare Part B! It’s a spicy one!
Amplify OT Resources
Want to keep learning about how insurance and reimbursement impact you? Then head to AmplifyOT.com/Services to see what resources we have available!
Sign up for the Mastering OT Policy and Medicare LIVE intensive - amplifyot.com/certification
CONNECT WITH AMPLIFY OT:
LINKS MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- AOTA joins with APTA, ASHA and APTA private practice to release policy principles for outpatient therapy reform
- Applying the OTA and PTA Modifier (CO/CQ) for Medicare Part B
- AOTA Take Action Page: www.aota.org/takeaction
- Amplify OT • Cash-Based Occupational Therapy & Medicare
- Congressional therapy champions reintroduce bill to make occupational therapy practitioners permanent telehealth providers | AOTA
- AOTA Fact Sheet on OT’s Value in Home Health as a Medicare Qualifying Service
- Occupational Therapy Mental Health Parity Act Reintroduced in Senate | AOTA
- AOTA's Advocacy Page
- 2023 Medicare Part B Cuts for Occupational Therapy: Medicare Physician Fee Schedule
- How To Bill Occupational Therapy Under Medicare Part B
- Take Action Now to Delay the OTA Payment Modifier Reduction
- Amplify OT • AOTA Advocacy & Our Role in Advocating for OT
Mentioned in this episode:
Join the Amplify OT Membership
As a exclusive bonus for podcast listeners, you can join the Amplify OT Membership at any time! Join today to take control of your career! It’s time to become your own best resource on Medicare and advocacy.
Medbridge Ad Link
Need CEUs? Save 40% off on your Medbridge subscription by using code “AmplifyOT” at checkout. Medbridge has great CEUs on Medicare, Reimbursement, and leadership! By using our affiliate code "AmplifyOT" at checkout you support this podcast and our continued work. Thanks for supporting Amplify OT! https://www.medbridgeeducation.com/amplify-ot